How to Import a Model
Posted by Retera
of the Void & Worlds
- Once you have the .zip file, double click it to open the
.zip. It will contain the model (.mdx) and any extra things I included. (Missile
- Take the model out of the .zip and put it on your computer wherever
you want. (It doesn't matter if it's in C:/My Documents or anything else) then
open the warcraft III editor and then the map you want to put the model (or
- Press the button at the top,
you'll be in the Import Manager. Go to File: Import File and select the model
(or skin) on your computer. It's name with the path "war3mapInported\"
before it should appear in the big white box.
- If the .zip contains a skin file (.blp) as well as the model (if there is one) then do this again importing the
skin instead of the model. After you see the skins name with
"war3mapImported\" double click the skin's name and new path and check
the box. Then type in the path
that the skin was at in the .zip file.
- After doing this, save the map, or else the model will
not show up in the editor until you restart the editor.
- To use the model, press the
button and you'll be in the object editor. All the units in the map should
appear on the left. Click which ever unit you want to use the model, or make
a new one for it with the button.
Find the row of text that says and
double click it. It will bring up a choice:
- Click the bar after the word Import and select the
model. Click OK. The unit now uses the model.
- If this does not work the model is probably corrupt and
simply let me know and I could try to fix it. This does not count the
Villager that wants to be a Zombie in the undead category. That is just
totally corrupt and can not be fixed.
- I have turned most of this text into a movie. Click HERE
to see the movie. Voices done by Terri Melinari, a friend of mine.